EMC Lab Design, Procurement and Construction Oversight - We Can Help
If your considering building an EMC lab, we can help. Building an EMC lab involves many design and contstruction details to be managed properly in order to end of with a effective and efficient lab. The labs can range from simple bench top pre-compliance level testing up to complete multi-million dollar formal test facilities. Expertise in oversight of remodeling older labs and anechoic chambers is offered as well.
Some example of services offered in this area include:
- Floor plan layout - includes review of adjacencies and facility constraints. Specify infrastructure requirements.
- Anechoic chamber / shielded room procurement - prepare detailed specification for the chamber vendors to bid on. This specification will clearly define the requirements and establish the deliverables for the supplier and customer to avoid costly misunderstandings during construction.
- Lab accessory selection - Includes turntables, antenna masts, cameras, EUT monitoring equipment, video projection systems, etc.
- Vendor selection - review bids from vendors, negotiate price and schedule.
- Project management - provide over-site and supervision ensuring quality and schedule compliance.
- Equipment procurement - specify all required test equipment, accessories, software, cabling, support equipment, lab furniture, tools, etc.
- Lab setup - configuring the lab to get it up and running. This is often a overlooked part of the project. Once the chamber construction crew leaves the site, the "other" work begins. There are many small but important details to iron out before the lab is fully functional. Examples include setting up test equipment both hardware and test software, calibrations, and test staff training.
Our services will likely reduce your lab construction costs significantly by obtaining and reviewing competitive structured bids from the various EMC suppliers. This allows for a true apples to apples comparison of the costs, design details, and deliverables from the suppliers.
Darryl Ray EMC Consulting, LLC email@example.com 925-487-0072